Burn & Scalding Injuries at work Claim
If you have suffered burns in the workplace due to an unsafe system in work, defective equipment, negligent co-worker , lack of suitable personal protective equipment or poor health and safety training you could be entitled to make a compensation claim.
To learn more about making a burn injury claim call Carrs solicitors on 0800 587 0746 or send us an email, and we can arrange a free consultation to discuss your potential claim.
Burns can cause a serious amount of pain and trauma to those who suffer them. The most serious burns require lengthy hospital treatment as can have a lasting effect on a person’s life through scarring and disfigurement, nerve , tendon, ligament or muscle damage and psychological trauma.
There are different levels of burn which are described according to the depth of the injury to the skin:
- First degree -Involve the top layer of the skin causing painful redness. Burns usually heal within a week.
- Second degree - Extends to the second level of skin causing blisters. May take up to 3 weeks to fully heal and in serious cases can progress to a third degree burn.
- Third degree- Serious burns that extend through the skin completely, requiring complete removal of the affected area. These burns cause significant scarring.
- Fourth degree- These burns extend through the skin to the muscle and bone below. Often appearing black and charred, they require complete removal and can cause death in the worst cases.
Burn injuries are also categorised according to the percentage of body surface that they cover using the ‘Rule of Nines’ which is used to calculate the total surface area affected by breaking the anatomical body surface down to multiples of 9%.
Burns are caused by a variety of substances and can be categorised by their cause. These include:
- Chemicals at work
- Inhalation of dangerous fumes
Making a burns claim
If you have suffered a burn of any severity in the workplace that wasn’t your fault, contact Carrs today and our friendly and professional personal injury solicitors will assess your case. We seek the best medical expertise using leading Consultant Plastic and reconstructive surgeons and work on a no win, no fee basis.
Contact our expert team of solicitors by calling 0800 587 0746 today and arrange a home visit from one of our specialists to discuss your claim. Alternatively you can fill in an enquiry form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.